Saturday, May 9, 2020

Free

I know a girl
I love her 
Shortest love story ever 
The thing is 
She sets me free 
Makes me think 
Takes my rudeness 
And forgives me 
Even when I screw up
She's special 
A tad unique 
This poem is for her 
Pray she likes it 
Hope she won't get mad
That it took me so long to
Get around to putting
Pen on paper 
She's electric 
Somewhat eccentric
A good chef 
Trying baking 
Wants a tin which she needs 
So she drives at 80
Down deserted streets 
Smoking like a chimney
Loving like a gypsy
I know her family
They're swell
I hope they like me 
Of late I'm a tough guy to like 
And Chris Martin tells me 
I shouldn't lose her 
I hope I don't 
Thank you for reading about us 
There really is a lot more to say
But I don't have words to say it yet
Watch this space

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment