Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wilderness

I'm a nomad wandering the sands 
I have seen pain
And felt the harsh sun on my bare back
Without a shirt on it
How can I return home
You were far from me 
A wild thing 
With untamed tresses 
And fire in your eyes 
The eternal gypsy with an opium pipe 
And bewitchment coursing through your veins
You were not scared of the stranger banging on your doors
Seeking shelter from the storm in his breast
You kept him safe 
And he kept you wild 
And maybe one day
You will go your seperate ways 
And this friendship will be kept alive 
Through the alphabet used to express sentiment 
Maybe I will remember you 
As the violence in the rain
And maybe you will remember me as the tranquility in a lake 
Maybe your favorite time of day
Is a time when it is dark
When weary with smiling 
You rest at last
Maybe you will still know me 
As the stranger who drank water at your door 
And maybe I will remember your eyes 
In which there is an inferno

The Bilge Master 

Poster credit Sudeshna Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment